An award-winning teacher, researcher, mentor and author, Dr. Dorothy Moore, the Distinguished Professor of Entrepreneurship Emeritus at The Citadel in Charleston, South Carolina was named the South Carolina Women in Business Advocate of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration. In 2005 she became a Fellow in the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship.
Ph.D. Business Administration
Moore School of Business
University of South Carolina, 1981
Experience & Highlights
- Women's Entrepreneurship Initiative, CofC, Fall, 2006 - Spring, 2007.
- Justin G. Longenecker USASBE Fellow, 2005--
- Distinguished Professor of Entrepreneurship, The Citadel, 2000-2006
- Women in Business Advocate of the Year for South Carolina, U.S. Small Business Administration, 2003
- Editor, The Academy of Managment Proceedings, 1993-1995
- Chair, Women in Managment Division, Academy of Management, 1986-1987
CAREERPRENEURS is available in major bookstores and online at
Amazon.com; Barnes & Noble and through the Academy of Management Book Store.
Island in the Storm, August, 2006, coauthored with Jamie W. Moore,
is an historical and empirical analysis of the impact of Hurricane Hugo
on the residents of the barrier islands.
Bronze Award Winner, ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Awards.
CAREERPRENEURS. . .
First Place Winner in the
Business Category in
Annual Book Awards.